A bunch of devices from Xiaomi, OPPO, Samsung, and other OEMs have now gained official support download the stock firmware for ARCore. Since Android is built on top of the Linux kernel, Android device makers have to provide, upon customer request, the source code for any Linux kernel binaries that ship on their devices. That includes not only the release date software, but also any subsequent updates to the kernel. The availability of such sources allow the modding community to add new capabilities that are otherwise not offered in the stock configuration.
Kernel source releases also help developers to port popular custom ROMs (e.g. LineageOS) for the device which, in turn, benefit users who aren’t satisfied with the stock ROM. OEMs like Xiaomi and Motorola maintain a steady track record of releasing these sources and we now have another example of their commitment towards the aftermarket developer community. The ASUS ZenFone 6, Samsung Galaxy Tab S5e, Motorola Moto G7, Samsung Galaxy Note 8 (Snapdragon), and BQ Aquarius M10 4G all have one thing in common – and that’s official TWRP support! If you have one of those devices listed above with an unlocked bootloader, you can finally flash an official build of TWRP, which means both support and updates. Official versions also have all advertised features working, usually without a hitch. You can check out each of the links in the table below to download for your device. At its Mi 11 China launch event back in December 2020, Xiaomi teased the MIUI 12.5 update roadmap for a few of its devices.
- You can restart your phone and complete the setup to use the phone normally.
- OEMs like OnePlus and POCO are known for providing Day 1 source code release while others often take their sweet time to fulfill their legal obligation.
- If we hibernate and eliminate many unwanted apps and optimize some apps, your device is hardware limited.
- In its first iteration, released alongside the Galaxy S8, DeX required dedicated hardware in the form of the DeX Station.
- Please add evolution-x.org to your ad blocking whitelist or disable your adblocking software.
- LineageOS is the most used and most trusted Custom ROM out there.
Moreover, the fingerprint sensor can be glitchy from time to time. You can try it out on your phone by following the link below. The Galaxy S10 will be one of the most important flagship smartphones of the year. Thanks to RydahTheMod from the SamCentral Discord server, we got the APKs that enable the new feature.
In its first iteration, released alongside the Galaxy S8, DeX required dedicated hardware in the form of the DeX Station. With the Galaxy Note 9 and Galaxy Tab S4, DeX no longer required a special dock and instead worked with supported USB Type-C to HDMI dongles. Now, the latest Linux on DeX beta update officially adds support for the Galaxy S9/S9+, Galaxy S10/S10+/S10e/S10 5G, and Galaxy Tab S5e. LineageOS can easily be titled the holy grail of Custom ROMs. As one of the most sought-after software experiences on a smartphone, LineageOS has many takers.
- Please enter a valid Email address when you post your review – this way we’ll know where to send you the guide and the video review.
- We have given the direct link to download Xiaomi Redmi Note 8 Pro stock ROM.
- There are various different types of Roms that can be installed on the smartphone.
- After looking at the user’s feedback to this ROM, This ROM is easily a top Custom ROM recommendation for Vince.
- The methods for using this are replacing a free theme from the theme store or root access.
Read Me Once
Stock Firmware process will affect your Xiaomi Redmi Note 8 phone data like images, videos, and files. We advise you before starting Flashing firmware you need to create a backup and save it in a safe location.